Elks invest in their communities through programs that help children grow up healthy and drug-free, by undertaking projects that address unmet needs, and by honoring the service and sacrifices of our veterans.
Below is some of what we do in our programs.
- Annual Veterans banquet with members from the VA Medical Center
- Deer hide collection from which gloves are made for wheelchair veterans.
- Veterans food pantry funded by ENF Impact Grant for veterans in need and transitioning from homelessness.
- Visits, programs, cookouts and monthly Bingo at local veterans facilities.
- Monthly veterans Lunch & Learn program monthly provided free of charge to all veterans and active military.
- Scholarships funded by annual Elks Golf Tournament $6,200 was awarded in 2017.
- Eagle Scout and Girl Scout Award recognition.
- Dictionary Project distributed to area 3rd graders.
- Support several youth ball teams in communities surrounding the Grand Island area.
- Food for Thought sponsor through GIPS Outreach Program.
- Drug Awareness Program - Free to All
- Elks Hoop Shoot Free Throw Contest
- Elks Soccer Shoot Competition
- Americanism Essay Contest
- Sponsor "Antlers" Youth Club organization for ages 10-20
- "Kids on the Block" Program - This program is our State Elks Major Project and it is available to any school in Nebraska FREE OF CHARGE
- Historical Flag Presentations for any event
- Sponsor monthly ARC of Central Nebraska dance
- Road side cleanups in the community
- Assist with benefits for Youth and Veterans in need.
-Host benefits for community members in need.
-Support for local and state Special Olympics